Welcome to the Amish Wisdom blog! We’ve taken the radio show and “morphed” it into print. Same focus and content, but easier to manage as a blog than on the air. This new-and-improved version allows for additional features, expanded interviews, and greater engagement with readers.
So have a look around, ask a question, leave a comment, let us know what you’d like to know more about or which author you’d like to hear from. And come back again! This site is meant to be a valuable connecting place for those who enjoy writing about the Amish and those who enjoy learning about the Amish life. It’s meant for you!
~ Suzanne Woods Fisher
Browse around to see what we’re featuring in our regular weekly features:
- Monday | “Book Nook:” Suzanne Woods Fisher’s, The Rescue.
- Tuesday | “Travel Tips:” Amish skies and a walk through Pinecraft, Florida.
- Wednesday | “Ask the Amish:” Do the Amish practice arranged marriages? Can Englishers become Amish? (To submit your own “Ask the Amish” question, click here.
- Thursday |”Beyond the Bonnets:” Author Valerie Weaver-Zercher explores Amish education and writing and Tricia Goyer explains a “kissing bridge.”
- Friday |”Cook’s Corner:” two delicious “Plain” desserts you’ll want to add to your weekend menu.
- Saturday: a look ahead at next week’s features, plus a giveaway you won’t want to miss.