It’s hard to believe, but it’s already almost September! As the air begins to cool and the kids head back to school, we hope you’ll find some time to curl up with your favorite Amish fiction book – and keep your eyes on Amish Wisdom as we keep you up-to-date on all the new Fall releases. September will bring posts from some of your favorite authors – and some new names to Amish Wisdom – like Gayle Roper and Laura Hilton.
This past week we heard the story behind Suzanne Woods Fisher’s new book, Christmas at Rose Hill Farm and traveled to Charm, Ohio with Annalisa Daughety. We also got a glimpse into the Amish vacation life in Pinecraft, Florida with Debby Mayne, and Beth Shriver shared with us her Mississippi Mud Pie recipe. Our resident Amish Scribe revealed whether or not Amish women use common beauty products. Check out the answer here.
Catch a glimpse at our lineup for the first week of September:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Olivia Newport’s new book, Wonderful Lonesome releases on Monday, and you’ll hear the story behind the story right here on Amish Wisdom. Olivia says out of all her books, this new one has her favorite cover! We’ll also share the first chapter with our readers.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Kelly Long, author of Threads of Grace, will bring us along on one of her research trips to Amish country.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: We will learn about the Amish tradition of “circle letters” and find out if Englischers are allowed to join in.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Anna Schmidt, author of Safe Haven will give us some insights into the differences between the Quakers and the Amish.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Beverly Lewis’ new book, The River comes out on Tuesday, September 2nd and on Friday, she’ll share with us her recipe for strawberry rhubarb pie. Yum!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Mary Danker won a copy of When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall
- Melissa Cafin won a copy of The Amish Blacksmith by Susan Meissner and Mindy Starns Clark
- Steve and Nicole Orrantia won a copy of Christmas at Harmony Hill by Ann H. Gabhart
- Eldon Beye won a copy of Hannah’s Courtship by Emma Miller
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.