Have you subscribed yet to Amish Wisdom News? Sign up here to be the first to get exclusive news delivered to your inbox every month. You’ll hear about upcoming releases, see cover reveals and book trailers, get coupon codes, read first-look excerpts and much more.
Make sure you sign up now to receive October’s issue when it releases next week. We’ll feature an exclusive reading list from Lynette Sowell, give away five advance reader copies of An Amish Christmas Quilt, and give you the opportunity to win two Amish fiction bundles from Kensington Publishers.
This month’s exclusive Amish News winners of the entire Lily Lapp series by Suzanne Woods Fisher are:
Barbara Jean Negley Sheffer and Jennifer Essad
Did you win a book from one of our featured authors this past week?
- Alison Flores won a copy of Promise to Cherish by Elizabeth Byler Younts
- Jackie Marshall won a copy of Nowhere to Run by Amy Wallace
- Julie McKay won a copy of Urban and Amish by Myra Harder
- Sally Conradi Minton won a copy of The Amish Baking Cookbook by Georgia Varozza and Kathleen Kerr
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.
We hope you had the chance to join us every day this week on Amish Wisdom, but if not, be sure to read about Marta Perry’s new book, The Forgiven, as well as Patrick E. Craig’s trip to Apple Creek, Ohio. Also check out Karen Anna Vogel’s post about how living among the Amish has impacted her life and family. And we’ll be adding Ruth Reid’s Peppermint Cookies to our Christmas baking plans! And if you’ve ever been curious about how the Amish create those hay stacks without the use of modern farm equipment, take a peek at this week’s Ask the Amish.
Here’s what’s coming up next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Kathleen Fuller will give us the inside scoop on her book, An Amish Second Christmas, which released October 7th.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Author Judith Miller will tell us about Amana, Ohio – where she sets her Home to Amana series.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: How do the Amish keep their clothes from freezing on the clothesline as the temperatures dip? Find out next Wednesday.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Amy Clipston, whose new book, The Kauffman Amish Bakery Collection released October 7th, will tell us what she’s learned about the traditional Amish one-room schoolhouse.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Sherry Gore’s new cookbook, Me, Myself and Pie just hit the shelves and she’ll be sharing with us her recipe for pumpkin pie.