We hope you’ve been enjoying November’s Amish Wisdom posts! As our hearts turn towards gratitude this season, we want you to know we are so thankful for you – our faithful Amish Wisdom readers. You have turned this radio show-turned-blog into the new hub for lovers of Amish fiction. We think you’re going to be feeling grateful too when you see what posts are coming up next week…
- Monday’s Book Nook: Stop by to learn more about Amy Clipston and her new release, Dreams of Home.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Famed Pinecraft, Florida photographer, Katie Troyer will share photos and thoughts from her most recent trip to Ohio Amish country.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: We all know the Amish don’t use electricity, but what about alternative forms of energy like solar power? Find out next Wednesday.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Formerly Amish, John Yoder manages a Facebook page dedicated to answering your questions about the Amish. He’ll share with us some of the most common questions he hears.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Laura V. Hilton, author of The Snow Globe, will let us in on one of her favorite Amish recipes.
And make sure you saw all of this week’s past posts….we spent some time getting to know Kelly Long, author of The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain, and traveled to the Amish vacation spot Pinecraft, Florida with Lynette Sowell. Her new book A Path Made Plain just hit shelves. Our Amish Scribe told us how the Amish honor their deceased loved ones, while Sarah Price, author of An Amish Buggy Ride, told us about the power of Amish community during difficult times. And our mouths watered as we read Kit Wilkinson’s recipe for Amish Family Steak and Gravy!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Ruth Standish won a copy of Farewell for a While by Sharon A. Lavy
- Stephanie Wright won a copy of The Quakers of New Garden by Ann E. Schrock and Claire Sanders
- Donna Simmons won a copy of An Amish Family Christmas by Patricia Davids
- Donna B. won a copy of The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain by Kelly Long
- Jackie Tessnair won a copy of Whoopie Pies and Family Ties by Pam Jarrell
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.