Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Andrea Byerley each won a copy of The Amish Widow’s Secret by Cheryl Williford
- Cynthia St. Germain won a copy of Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Allyson Langworth won a copy of A Simple Prayer by Amy Clipston
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim prize.)
If you missed anything this week on Amish Wisdom, no worries! Saturday posts are always the place to catch up. Monday, Jennifer Beckstrand shared an excerpt from her new book, Huckleberry Harvest and on Tuesday, Patrick E. Craig took us to idyllic Apple Creek, Ohio. On Wednesday, our Amish Scribe told us whether or not the Amish are bothered by Englisch tourists. Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets featured a fascinating – and rare – glance inside the Hutterite community from Linda Maendel. Lastly, on Friday, renowned food historian, Dr. William Woys Weaver told us about the origins of the famed Amish favorite, Whoopie Pies.
Here’s what you’ll find on Amish Wisdom next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Kelly Long will share the story behind her new book, An Amish Man of Ice Mountain.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Tana Reiff shares sights from Lancaster County, PA from her new book, Signs of Lancaster County.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Our Amish Scribe tell us if there is a quintessential Amish dish.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Author Emma Miller has taught in one-room Amish schoolrooms. She give us a glimpse into the heart of Amish education.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Stop by for another delicious Amish meal.