If you missed any of this past week’s posts, be sure to take a look through the latest from Amish Wisdom. This week, we got to know Beth Shriver, heard about Vanetta Chapman’s favorite Amish community, and learned what colors the Amish wear from Gayle Roper. Charlotte Hubbard shared her ham loaf recipe with us, and our Amish Scribe told us about the use of celery in Amish weddings.
Here’s what’s coming up next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Elizabeth Byler Younts will tell us about her new upcoming release, A Promise to Cherish.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Author of Nowhere to Run, Amy Wallace, will give us a different view of Shipshewana, Indiana.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Do you wonder how the Amish make accommodations for those with special needs? Find out Wednesday.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Myra Burns, author of Urban and Amish: Classic Quilts and Modern Updates will share fascinating insights into the rich Amish tradition of quilting.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Kathleen Kerr and Georgia Varozza, authors of The Amish Baking Cookbook, will share a recipe for Christmas Cake and teach us a little bit about Amish Christmas traditions.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Sharon Malthe Timmer won a copy of A White Christmas in Webster County by Laura V. Hilton
- Ellen Dix Wycuff won a copy of Finding Love at Home by Jerry S. Eicher
- Sherry Becker Gil won a copy of The Midwife by Jolina Petersheim
- Bonnie Denny Shoeneman won a copy of Joyful by Shelley Shepard Gray
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.