I’m so thrilled that my book Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio has been made into a TV movie and will be premiering on the UP Network on June 7. I got to be on set during the filming of the movie, and it was filmed on location in Sugarcreek, Ohio.
Charm and Sugarcreek are very near each other, and Sugarcreek had more suitable filming locations, so that’s where the movie was filmed.
My husband and I spent two weeks in Sugarcreek in October, and we enjoyed our time there very much.
Here are some of my travel musts when it comes to Sugarcreek:
- We stayed at the Sugarcreek Village Inn and I highly recommend it. We spent a few nights in one of the train cars that’s been turned into a room and the rest of the time in the main inn. I can’t say enough wonderful things about our hosts there. You should definitely check it out if you’re in Sugarcreek.
- I’ve already shared here on Amish Wisdom about some of my favorite places to eat in the area, when I wrote about Charm, Ohio but I discovered a couple more places that I think are well worth your time! Like Wallhouse Coffee, which I visited more than once while I was in Sugarcreek and it was wonderful. I highly recommend stopping there for a delicious cup of coffee if you’re in town.
- For a yummy bite to eat, visit the Honey Bee Café. You won’t be disappointed. I adored the gourmet grilled cheese and wonderful soup.
Since we were on location much of the time we were in Sugarcreek, we didn’t get to do a lot of sightseeing. That is okay though, because the locations they chose for filming are wonderful places to visit:
- Much of the movie was filmed at The Farm at Walnut Creek. It was absolutely beautiful in the fall, and the variety of animals there is amazing. If you have time, you should certainly put it on your “to visit” list.
- Sweetwater Farm serves as the “storefront” for Lydia Ann’s farm in the movie. They have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, plus canned goods and flowers.
I look forward to returning to Sugarcreek and revisiting some of my favorite places, as well as finding some new ones! And I hope you’ll watch the upcoming movie that was based on my book! Love Finds You in Charm will air June 7 on the UP Network. The movie stars Trevor Donovan (Texas Rising), Danielle Chuchran (Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat, UP’s Nowhere Safe), Drew Fuller (Army Wives, Charmed), Tiffany Dupont (Greek, The Bedford Diaries).
Be on the lookout for me, too! I did a cameo in the movie and even said a line.
It was a wonderful experience, and I can’t wait till the movie premieres.
Annalisa Daughety writes contemporary fiction set in historic locations. Early in her career, she spent time working as a park ranger for the National Park Service. This experience led her to write the Walk in the Park series–each book in the series is set in a different national park. Some of her other books include Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio, Love Finds You in Lancaster County, and A Wedding to Remember in Charleston. She and her husband live in rural Arkansas and are learning the art of chicken and goat farming. As you can imagine, each day is an adventure!
Purchase Annalisa’s books here.