Did you miss anything this week on Amish Wisdom? We had a full week, hearing Barbara Cameron, the author of the new release, One True Path talk about why she writes Amish fiction, as well as visiting Kansas Amish country with Patricia Davids. Her new book, Amish Redemption hits shelves this coming Tuesday, so be on the lookout for that! On Wednesday, our Amish Scribe let us know how some Amish people feel about the Amish fiction sub-genre. We also heard from Amish America’s Erik Wesner on some of the different – and unexpected – color choices for Amish buggies. Lastly, our blog host and author of the newly released Anna’s Crossing, Suzanne Woods Fisher, shared with us an old family recipe for the classic breakfast dish, Scrapple.
Here’s what’s coming up next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Kathleen Fuller will share the story behind her new book, A Faith of Her Own.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Anna Schmidt will takes us on the perfect Spring getaway to Pinecraft, Florida.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Ever wonder if Amish parents choose to vaccinate their children? Stop by to find out.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Murray Pura will share some new insights on the Amish people’s relationship with telephones – you might be surprised by what you learn!
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Dee Yoder will be cooking up the famous Yoder Sister’s Amish Potato Salad.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Michelle Proper won a copy of Harvest of Blessings by Charlotte Hubbard
- Pam Kappel won a copy of Jedidiah’s Bride by Rebecca Kertz
- Jeanette Green won a copy of Anna’s Crossing by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- Lori Daley won a copy of Trading Secrets by Melody Carlson
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize. (All winners must claim their prize within 30 days of it having been announced on this page.)