- 1 c. crushed saltine crackers or bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Frontier Veggie pepper*
- 1/2 tsp. garlic granules or
- garlic powder
- 2 chickens, cut in pieces
- 2 eggs, mixed with 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. water
- Combine crackers or bread crumbs, flour, and seasonings.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and water mixture; coat with crumb mixture.
- Fry quickly in butter until brown.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer in roasting pan or 4-qt. casserole dish.
- Add 1 c. water; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 90 minutes.
*If Frontier Veggie pepper is unavailable, use mixture of 1 /4 t. ground black pepper, 1/4 t. onion salt, 1/4 t. red pepper, and 1/8 t. celery seed.
Beverly Lewis, born in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, is the New York Times bestselling author of more than ninety books. A keen interest in her mother’s Plain heritage has inspired Beverly to write many Amish-related novels, beginning with The Shunning, which has sold more than one million copies and was recently made into an Original Hallmark Channel movie. In 2007 The Brethren was honored with a Christy Award. She has been interviewed by both national and international media, including Time magazine, the Associated Press, and the BBC. Beverly lives with her husband, David, in Colorado. Her latest release is The Love Letters.
Purchase Beverly’s books here.
Sign up here to be the first to get exclusive news delivered to our inbox monthly. New books, cover reveals, coupon codes, first-look excerpts and much more.