As the temperatures begin to rise here in June, grab a glass of sweet tea or lemonade and head to your favorite reading spot with Amish Wisdom. This past week Kelly Long shared the story behind her new book, An Amish Man of Ice Mountain, and photographer Tana Reiff shared images from her new book, The Signs of Lancaster County. Our Amish Scribe told us how Amish women wear their hair to bed. Emma Miller gave us a fascinating look into what it was like for her to teach in a one-room Amish schoolhouse, and Kelly Irvin shared with us her recipe for peach jam.
It was a great week – here’s what we have planned for next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Read the story behind Marta Perry’s new book, The Rescued.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Leslie Gould will take us to Amish country is Strasburg, PA.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: To whom is the Bishop accountable to in the Amish community?
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Jolina Petersheim goes back to her Amish/Mennonite ancestral roots and simplifies her life. Get a glimpse into her family’s journey.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Beth Wiseman will share her recipe for a delicious late-Spring side dish: Barbecued String Beans.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Ruth Esler won a copy of Hutterite Diaries by Linda Maendel
- Jennifer Matusik Ingam won a copy of Huckleberry Harvest by Jennifer Beckstrand
- Linda Critcher, Ola Kennedy Norman, Rebekah Balthaser, Jamie Hughes, and Sharon Hall each won a copy of The Rescued by Marta Perry
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.)