If you missed any of our posts from the previous week on Amish Wisdom – don’t worry – you can get caught up this weekend! Take the time to hear the story behind Shelley Shepard Gray’s new book and travel to Plain City, Ohio with Stephanie Reed. If you’re curious about how the Amish find the time for fun in the midst of their daily tasks, make sure to read this past Wednesday’s Ask the Amish post. And before the weekend is over, learn about Amish childbirth from Leslie Gould and make Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Soup with Melody Carlson.
Be sure to stop by next week when we’ll feature the following:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Rosalind Lauer shares a true story that helped shape the plot of her new book, A Simple Charity, which releases next Tuesday, October 28th.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Travel to one of the most beloved Amish communities – Lancaster County, PA with Jo Ann Brown, author of Autumn Grace (written as Marianne Ellis).
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: How do the Amish get ALL their clothes dry on the line, while still maintaining principles of modesty?
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Author of Huckleberry Christmas, Jennifer Beckstrand, will share what she’s learned about Amish wedding traditions.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Charlotte Hubbard, author of An Amish Christmas Quilt will let us all see her recipe for sugar and spice cookies! Yum!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Sherry Phelps won a copy of An Amish Second Christmas, by Kathleen Fuller, Ruth Reid, and Tricia Goyer
- Denise Gilbert won a copy of A Shining Light by Judith Miller
- Julia Garrett Joseph won a copy of The Kaufmann Amish Bakery Collection by Amy Clipston
- Crystal Wooten won a copy of Me, Myself, and Pie by Sherry Gore
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.