Hopefully you have something fun planned with your sweetheart – or other friends and loved ones – to mark the passing of St. Valentine’s Day. Here at Amish Wisdom, we’re celebrating our love of Amish fiction by offering you a recap of what last week brought from your favorite Amish authors.
On Monday, Adina Senft shared the story behind her new book, Keys of Heaven and on Tuesday, Mary Ellis took us to Amish Country in Ohio. We heard about the wisdom of Amish parenting from Serena B. Miller and in our Cook’s Corner, we made delicious apple pie from the Mennonite Community Cookbook – which celebrated it 65th anniversary this year! Our resident Amish Scribe revealed whether or not the Amish lifestyle is as idyllic as it seems.
Catch a glimpse at our lineup for next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Vanetta Chapman will share the story behind her new novella in the An Amish Cradle collection.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Amy Clipston, who also has a novella in the same collection will take us to her favorite bed and breakfast, The Creekside Inn in Paradise, PA.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Have you ever heard that the Amish don’t borrow money? Find out whether or not that’s true this Wednesday.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Nancy Mehl, author of the February release, Deadly Echoes, will teach us something she’s learned about the Amish from her extensive research into their lifestyle.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Sample another delicious Amish recipe!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Lori Morton and Carol Smith each won a copy of The Amish Clockmaker by Susan Meissner and Mindy Starns Clark
- Robin Weiss won a copy of Meek and Mild by Olivia Newport
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.