It’s hard to believe, but with the blooming of May, we are celebrating one year of the Amish Wisdom blog!
Tell us in the comment section below what some of your favorite posts were from the past year, or what you’ve learned about the Amish and their way of life since you began reading Amish Wisdom.
If you missed any of our posts this past week, there’s still time for you to get caught up before we begin another week. On Monday, Amy Clipston let us read the first chapter of her new book, A Simple Prayer. Jo Ann Brown took us along shopping with her in Lancaster County, PA. Erik Wesner showed us some of the places the Amish buy their groceries, and Beverly Lewis shared with us her recipe for traditional Amish Fried Chicken – the perfect Spring picnic addition! Lastly, our Amish Scribe told us why the Amish choose to forego electricity.
If you’re loving Amish Wisdom, be sure to let your friends know about the blog by sharing a link to the site on your social media pages!
Here’s a look at what’s coming up next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Read an exclusive chapter from Suzanne Woods Fisher’s new book, The Heart of the Amish, which hits shelves on May 5th.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Travel along with Laura Bradford to beloved Lancaster County, PA.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Our Amish Scribe will answer another one of your question about the Amish.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Stop by to learn something new about the Amish and their lifestyle.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Suzanne Woods Fisher continues to celebrate the release of The Heart of the Amish with a unique edition of Cook’s Corner – she’ll let us in on the origins of some of the most well known food-related sayings like “eating crow” and “humble pie.”
And always log on to Amish Wisdom every Saturday to see whether or not you’ve won one of our giveaways…
Last week’s winners:
- Debra Winterrowd won a copy of Joseph’s Dilemma by Ervin R. Stutzman
- Amy Bateman won a copy of Murder Simply Served by Isabella Alan
- Mary Robinson won a copy of Anna’s Crossing by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- Barb Dawson won an advance reader copy of An Amish Harvest by Patricia Davids (an exclusive Amish Wisdom News giveaway)
- Melanie Backus won a copy of Path to Piney Meadows by Gail Sattler
- Laura V. Hilton won a copy of Whatever Happened to Dinner by Melodie Davis
If you’re one of our winners, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize)