May is a long month, which is perfect because we had lot of new and recent releases to tell you about here on Amish Wisdom! In fact, did you miss anything we featured this week? On Monday, first-time author Cheryl Williford told us the story behind the publishing of her new book, The Amish Widow’s Secret. Annalisa Daughety took us on Tuesday behind the scenes of the film based on her book, Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio. Amy Clipston told us about the differences between prayer coverings and dresses in Lancaster County, PA. And we sampled Beth Shriver’s Mississippi Mud Pie. Lastly, our Amish Scribe told us whether or not the Amish keep ancestral records.
Here is a look at the posts we have planned for next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Jennifer Beckstrand is sharing an excerpt from her upcoming release, Huckleberry Harvest.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Patrick E. Craig takes us to idyllic Apple Creek, Ohio.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Do tourists in Amish country ever bother the Amish?
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Linda Maendel will teach us about the Hutterite way of life.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Food historian and author, William Woys Weaver, will let us know if the Amish really invented Whoopie Pies. You won’t want to miss this post!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Barbara Kolasky won a copy of Amish Promises by Leslie Gould
- Casey O won a copy of The Proposal at Siesta Key by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Connie Saunders won a copy of Treasured Amish and Mennonite Recipes
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.)