Did you miss anything this week on Amish Wisdom? We had a full week, hearing the tender story that helped shape Rosalind Lauer’s new book, A Simple Charity, and going shopping with Jo Ann Brown in Lancaster, PA. Jennifer Beckstrand gave us a fascinating insider’s look at an Amish wedding and Charlotte Hubbard shared with us her recipe for Christmas sugar and spice cookies! Also, our Amish Scribe told us how the Amish maintain principles of modesty while still getting ALL their laundry done.
Here’s what’s coming up next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: We’ll get to know author Sharon Lavy, author of the newly released, Farewell for a While.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: The Quakers of New Garden author, Ann E. Schrock will take us to the Levi Coffin House in Indiana.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Learn more about the way the Amish sew their amazing quilts.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Marta Perry, whose new book, An Amish Family Christmas, released October 21st will tell us more about how the Amish celebrate Christmas.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Stop by for another one of your favorite author’s Amish recipes!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Kathy Rowe won a copy of Snowfall by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Jill Oosterhoff won a copy of The Bachelor by Stephanie Reed
- Jill Crothers won a copy of Becoming Bea by Leslie Gould
- Karen Gervais won a copy of Trading Secrets by Melody Carlson
- Sheri Culver Robinson, Dianne Ray Arnold, Barbara Holton, LaDonna Fager, Deanne Patterson each won an advanced reader copy of An Amish Christmas Quilt (an exclusive Amish Wisdom News giveaway)
- Shelly Itkin and Rita Marcott Navarre each won a Kensington Amish fiction bundle (an exclusive Amish Wisdom News giveaway)
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.