We hope Amish Wisdom is becoming a rich part of your summer reading plans! Be sure to tell your friends about Amish Wisdom by sharing post links on your social media sites. For our Pinterest fans, most of the images you see here on Amish Wisdom are easily “pinnable.” So create your own Amish Wisdom board and pin your favorite authors and posts so you can come back to them later.
Here’s a look at what’s coming next week on Amish Wisdom:
- Monday’s Book Nook: D. Rose Elder, an associate professor of ethnomusicology and rural sociology at the Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute, will share fascinating insights from her new book, Why the Amish Sing.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Kathleen Fuller, author of the Middlefield Family Series will take us all on a journey to Middlefield and Mesopotamia, Ohio.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Our Amish scribe will let us know whether or not Englischers are welcome in Amish church services.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Amy Lillard will tell us the differences between the Swartzentruber Amish and the Beachy Amish from what she’s learned during research for her book Caroline’s Secret.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Sherry Gore, author of the upcoming release Me, Myself, and Pie will share one of her delicious Amish recipes.
Our weekly giveaway winners are:
- Mary Whit, Pam Hensley and Annette Martin-Filiatrault each won a copy of The Amish Nanny by Patricia Davids
- Jerrilynn Breitwish Atherton won a copy of Susan Meissner’s August release, The Amish Blacksmith (co-written by Mindy Starns Clark)
- Lisa Johnson Cowell won a copy of Crossroads by Barbara Cameron
- Connie Porter Saunders won a copy of Leslie Gould’s Minding Molly.
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.
Sign up here to be the first to get exclusive news delivered to your inbox monthly. New books, cover reveals, coupon codes, giveaways, first-look excerpts and much more.