We hope your holiday brought you some wonderful time with family and friends – and that you were able to express your thankfulness for all of the small and large blessings in your life. As we transition from this season of gratitude to a time when we celebrate Christ’s birth, we hope you will be with us every day during December – we have exciting plans!
- All month long, we will be featuring the “Best of Amish Wisdom” for 2014 – your favorite posts of the year, interspersed with some new pieces from authors of December releases.
- We are also looking forward to hearing from some of the top publishers of Amish fiction about their exciting plans for the new year. If you’re curious about what’s coming next year and the trends in Amish fiction, you won’t want to miss a single post on Mondays during the month of December.
- December is such a festive month and Amish Wisdom will be no exception, as we announce our end-of-the-year, massive book bundle giveaway! We’re giving away at least eight books and three advanced reader copies, and we’re adding more every day. You can enter here or below.
Here’s what is coming up next week…
- Monday’s Book Nook: Kensington Publishers (Huckleberry Hill, Amish Bride of Ice Mountain) will share some of the trends they foresee for Amish fiction in 2015
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Best of Amish Wisdom post – Amy Clipston takes us to Lancaster, PA.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Best of Amish Wisdom post – do the Amish use beauty products?
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Our Blog Host, Suzanne Woods Fisher, shares some of the most beloved Amish Christmas traditions.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Jennifer Beckstrand, An Amish Christmas Quilt, will make one of her favorite Amish recipes.
And make sure you saw all of this week’s past posts….we heard the story behind Naomi King’s Emma Blooms at Last and saw the beautiful farms of Lancaster County with Rebecca Kertz. Our Amish Scribe told us how to get a subscription to a famous Amish newspaper. Cindy Woodsmall told us about a surprising Amish Christmas tradition and we made Schnitz un Kepp with Patricia Davids. What a fun Thanksgiving week we had!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Marie Armstrong won a copy of A Dream of Home by Amy Clipston
- Maggie Wagner won a copy of The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain by Kelly Long
- Angela Chestnut won a copy of Snow Globe by Laura V. Hilton
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.