Which 2015 release are you the most excited about adding to your bookshelf? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
And don’t forget to tell your friends about Amish Wisdom – share a link to the site on Facebook or Twitter to spread the word, and don’t forget to check out our Pinterest board.
If you missed any of our posts this past week, be sure to scroll back through the site to get caught up. This week, we got to know author Shelley Shepard Gray a little better, Marlene Miller took us to Amish country in Holmes County, Ohio, and Erik Wesner told us a few things we didn’t know about the Amish and technology. And who’s planning to make some of Jan Drexler’s Amish chicken and noodles this weekend? What a perfect dish for a wintery day! And our resident Amish Scribe told us what the Amish believe about who goes to heaven.
Make plans now to pop in for next week’s lineup:
- Monday’s Book Nook: It hits bookstore shelves on the 1st – The Amish Clockmaker by Susan Meissner and Mindy Starns Clark. Susan will share an excerpt with us from the book.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Beth Wiseman contributes to the new collection, An Amish Cradle, which releases February 10th – she’ll be taking us along on one of her trips to Amish country this Tuesday.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Have you ever seen an Amish woodstove? They really make them shine! Learn some Amish cleaning secrets next Wednesday.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Olivia Newport has a new book coming out this weekend called, Meek and Mild. On Thursday, she’ll share something with us about the Amish we may not have heard about before!
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Mindy Starns Clark will teach us how to make a traditional Amish dish: Boova Shenkel. You don’t want to miss it!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Myrtle Thorn won a copy of The Beekeeper’s Son by Kelly Irvin
- Shirley Chapel won a copy of Plain Faith by Ora Jay and Irene Eash
- Lisa Stifler won a signed copy of one book from the Legacy of Lancaster series by Kate Lloyd
- Susan Fletcher won a copy of Me, Myself, and Pie by Sherry Gore
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.