Did you miss anything on Amish Wisdom this past week? Amy Clipston shared about her new book A Dream of Home and photographer Katie Troyer took us with her on a ride from Pinecraft, Florida to Berlin, Ohio. Our Amish Scribe gave us the scoop on the Amish and alternative forms of energy and the formerly Amish John Yoder answered some of the most common questions about the Amish. Check out John’s awesome Facebook community here. Lastly, Laura V. Hilton shared a mouth-watering recipe for sweet Salt Water Taffy.
Here’s what’s to come next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Naomi King will share the story behind the newly released, Emma Blooms at Last.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Rebecca Kertz, author of Jedidiah’s Bride, will share details from her recent trip to beautiful Lancaster County, PA farms.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Can anyone get a subscription to the famed Amish newspaper, The Budget? Find out next Wednesday!
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Cindy Woodsmall has a new collection coming out called The Hope Crossing Trilogy. She’ll share with us the rich tradition of Amish Christmas caroling – a perfect topic for the holidays!
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Amish Christmas Journey author Pat Davids will share her recipe for Schnitz un Kepp – or Apples and Buttons (apples and ham with dumplings).
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Linda Brewer won a copy of A Path Made Plain by Lynette Sowell
- Barbara Wiley Hamby won a copy of An Amish Buggy Ride by Sarah Price
- Tammy Cordery won a copy of Lancaster County Target by Kit Wilkinson
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.