Grab your pencils, notebooks, and book bags… it’s back-to-school time! How many of you had kids or grandkids start school this week? We may be well past our school days, but we can’t help but get excited for the start of a new season! Plus, we have some very exciting Amish fiction and nonfiction releases on the horizon.
If you were running around all week getting school supplies, here what’s been happening on Amish Wisdom:
- For Monday’s Book Nook, we got to know a little more about Beth Wiseman, author of Her Brother’s Keeper.
- We travelled to the sweet community of Sugarcreek with Martha Bolton during Tuesday’s Travel Tips.
- On Wednesday, our Amish Scribe answered the question, What are the roles of deacons and bishops?
- On Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets, Erik Wesner shared about 3 Amish communities in the south.
- Stop by Cook’s Corner for everyone’s favorite chocolate chips cookie recipe with Laura Weymouth.
Stop in next week for more great posts!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Gloria Johnson won a copy of Brightest and Best by Olivia Newport
- Hannah Kilpatrick won a copy of Huckleberry Christmas by Jennifer Beckstrand
- Sonja Hoeke Nishimoto, Alberta K, and Deborah Poston won a copy of Amish Values for Your Family by Suzanne Woods Fisher
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.