Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Lori Weller won a copy of Plain Paradise by Beth Wiseman
- Debbie Rhoades won a copy of The Outcast and The Midwife by Jolina Petersheim
- Sharma Darby won a copy of The Rescued by Marta Perry
- Elaine Shorb won a copy of Amish Promises by Leslie Gould
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.)
The first day of summer is this weekend and we’re going to be spending some time inside on this hot June day, catching up on Amish Wisdom. If you’re doing the same, be sure to check out this interview with Vanetta Chapman about her writing process and her new book, Murder Freshly Baked. Also, Amy Lillard introduced us to the Amish in Chouteau, Oklahoma, and Jan Drexler told us about the difference between Old Order Amish and Mennonite and how the two groups came to be. We also had another installment in our new Almost Amish feature – Amy Lively stopped by to talk about how to reach out to others – embracing the Amish idea of community – without seeming overbearing or weird. And last but definitely not least, Beverly Lewis shared the perfect Party Punch recipe for your Father’s Day get together this weekend.
Make plans now to pop in for next week’s lineup:
- Monday’s Book Nook: We’ll share an interview with Ervin Stutzman about his new book, Joseph’s Dilemma.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Laura V. Hilton will be taking us on one of her recent trips to Amish country.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Hear some Amish gardening tips for keeping moles out of the yard.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Stop by for another installment from one of our favorite regular contributors: Erik Wesner, whose website www.AmishAmerica.com is one of our favorite online spots!
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Mindy Starns Clark will be sharing one of her favorite Amish recipes.