Did you miss anything this week on Amish Wisdom? We had a full week, learning more about Elizabeth Byler Yount’s new book and traveling to Shipshewana with Amy Wallace. Myra Harder taught us about the rich tradition of Amish quilting and Kathleen Kerr shared with us her Christmas Cake recipe. Our Amish Scribe let us know how the Amish show compassion to those with special needs, while still maintaining their customs.
Here’s what’s coming up next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Marta Perry will tell us the story behind her new book, The Forgiven which releases on Tuesday, October 7th.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Author of Jenny’s Choice, Patrick E. Craig, will give us a tour of Apple Creek, Ohio.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Find out whether or not it’s acceptable for the Amish to work and socialize in the Englisch world.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Learn from Karen Anna Vogel, author of The Herbalist’s Daughter, how her life has been impacted by living among the Amish.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Ruth Reid will share a Christmas dessert recipe that will fit perfectly with her October 7th release, An Amish Second Christmas.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Shannon Trammell won a copy of Clara’s Wish by Beth Shriver
- Mary Ann Ashenfelder won a copy of The Shipshewana Mystery Collection by Vanetta Chapman
- Merry Sunshine won a copy of An Unexpected Match by Gayle Roper
- Amy Annette Jones Radlein won a copy of Breath of Spring by Charlotte Hubbard
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.