Did you miss anything on Amish Wisdom this past week? Amy Lillard shared with us the significance of the color purple in her new book, Courting Emily. Beth Shriver took us with her to an Amish wedding. Our Amish Scribe told us how the Amish stay warm in the bitter winter cold, while Emma Miller gave us some unique insight into how the Amish raise their children. And our mouths watered as Ruth Reid cooked up the traditional Amish dish, Yumasetta.
Here’s what’s to come next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Grandmothers play a big role in the plot of Jennifer Beckstrand’s new book Huckleberry Spring – she’ll share with us what it means to her to be a grandma.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Karen Anna Vogel will take us to Smicksburg, PA.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Buggies don’t have turn signals – so how do they follow a lot of the travel laws and rules? Find out next Wednesday.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Leslie Gould will talk about how the Amish travel.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Stop by for another delicious Amish recipe.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Susan Floyd Fletcher won a copy of Christmas At Rose Hill Farm by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- Lisa Johnson Cowell won a copy of The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook by Georgia Varozza
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.