We hope you’re enjoying the heart of Fall – both at your home and on Amish Wisdom. This past week we enjoyed posts from Kathleen Fuller and Sherry Gore – who both have new releases coming out this month. Judith Miller took us to to the Amana Colonies, and Amy Clipston brought us inside an Amish schoolroom. Also, our resident Amish scribe told us how Amish women dry their clothes outside – even in the midst of the winter cold.
Be sure to stop by next week when we’ll feature the following:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Shelley Shepard Gray will share the story behind her new book, Snowfall, which hits shelves October 21st.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Stephanie Reed, author of The Bachelor, which released October 1st, will take us to Plain City, Ohio.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: With all the work the Amish have to do around the house, find out how they still make time to do the things they love.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Author of Becoming Bea, Leslie Gould, will share what she’s learned about the Amish and babies – including midwifery, home births, birth control and more.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Melody Carlson’s new book, Trading Secrets, comes out on October 21st, and on Friday she’ll be sharing one of her favorite Amish receipes.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Cindy Patterson won a copy of The Forgiven by Marta Perry
- Sandra Cummins, Fern Marie Lonce, and Tammy Traxler each won an autographed copy of Jenny’s Choice by Patrick E. Craig
- Heidi Madsen Robbins won a copy of The Herbalist’s Daughter by Karen Anna Vogel
- C.J. Stinger won a copy of An Amish Second Christmas by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Ruth Reid and Tricia Goyer
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.