Which new September release that you’ve read about on Amish Wisdom are you the most excited about adding to your bookshelf? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
And don’t forget to tell your friends about Amish Wisdom – share a link to the site on Facebook or Twitter to spread the word, and don’t forget to check out our Pinterest board.
If you missed any of our posts this past week, be sure to scroll back through the site to get caught up. This week, we got to know author Laura V. Hilton a little better, Jerry S. Eicher took us to Amish country in upstate New York, and Jolina Petersheim let us in on how to really get to know the Amish. And who’s planning to make some of Shelley Shepard Gray’s ginger snap cookies this weekend as we usher in the official start of Fall? And if you’ve ever wondered about the Amish baptism classes, be sure to read our Ask the Amish post from Wednesday.
Make plans now to pop in for next week’s lineup:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Beth Shriver will give us an inside look at her life and work, and we’ll give away a copy of her upcoming book, Clara’s Wish, which releases October 7th.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Vanetta Chapman, author of The Shipshewana Mystery Collection will tell us why “Shipshe,” as the locals call it, is her favorite Amish community.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Our Amish scribe will let us know why the Amish use celery in their wedding celebrations.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Think the Amish only ever wear dull colors like black and gray? What Gayle Roper, author of the September release, An Unexpected Match, has to say on the topic might get you thinking.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Charlotte Hubbard will share with us a recipe for some “comfort food” perfect for Fall: ham loaf. We’ll also give away a copy of her book Breath of Spring.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Frances Cavallo won a copy of Forever Amish by Kate Lloyd
- Robin Hallmark won a copy of A Love Undone by Cindy Woodsmall
- Denise Defalco-Dickson won a copy of Christmas at Rose Hill Farm by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- Colleen Bartell won a copy of The Amish Baking Cookbook by Georgia Varozza and Kathleen Kerr
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.