We can’t believe we’re halfway through the year already on Amish Wisdom! July continues to bring great summer Amish reads, so keep your eyes peeled to the website for all your beach reading material. And if you missed any posts this past week, here’s what you need to catch up on: we read the story behind Beth Wiseman’s new release, Her Brother’s Keeper, Molly Jebber took us to Holmes County, Ohio, and Mindy Starns Clark shared her recipe for Crackled Molasses Cookies. Our Amish Scribe told us what young Amish women tuck away in their hope chests, and Emma Miller brought us part two of her fascinating look into what it’s like for an Englischer to teach in an Amish one-room schoolhouse.
Catch a glimpse at our lineup for next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: We’ll feature an excerpt from Tim Reddish’s upcoming book, The Amish Farmer Who Hated L.A.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Ann Gabhart’s The Innocent releases July 7th – on Tuesday, she’ll take us to the picturesque Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in Kentucky.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Do the Amish keep flowers in the house? Why or why not?
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Learn something new about the Amish way of life.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Sample another delicious Amish recipe!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Kim Hansen-Amundsen won a copy of The Postcard by Laura V. Hilton
- Kat Ruhlman won an Amish Book Bundle – an exclusive Amish Wisdom News giveaway
- Sheila Hall, Linda McFarland, Carole A. Gutzler, Edward Arrington, and Andrea Brooks each won a copy of The Innocent by Ann Gabhart
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.