Have you done any research on which one of your favorite authors have new releases coming out this year? If yes, tell us below in the comments section which title you’re looking forward to the most!
And don’t forget to tell your friends about Amish Wisdom – share a link to the site on Facebook or Twitter to spread the word, and don’t forget to check out our Pinterest board.
If you missed any of our posts this past week, be sure to scroll back through the site to get caught up. This week, Jennifer Beckstrand talked about the important role a grandmother plays in her new book – and her own joy of being a grandma. Karen Anna Vogel took us to Smicksburg, PA while Leslie Gould taught us about how the Amish choose to travel when it’s time for a getaway of their own. Our blog host, Suzanne Woods Fisher shared with us the tradition of the Amish haystack, and gave us a recipe for Potato Haystack Casserole. And if you’ve ever wondered about how buggies travel the roads while safely obeying traffic laws, visit this week’s Ask the Amish post.
Make plans now to pop in for next week’s lineup:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Kelly Irvin’s new book, The Beekeeper’s Son came out on January 12th – she’ll share with us the story behind this new story.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Ora Jay and Irene Eash will give us a glimpse into what goes into the care and use of the primary mode of Amish transportation – the horse and buggy.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: We know our Amish friends don’t use electricity – but what are their bathrooms like? Do they still use outhouses? Find out here.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Kate Lloyd will teach us something new about the Amish and education.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: We’ll sample some peanut butter cream pie from Sherry Gore’s latest cookbook, Me, Myself and Pie.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Audreyn Perdon won a copy of Courting Emily by Amy Lillard.
- Janet Oliver won a copy of Love’s Abundant Harvest by Beth Shriver.
- Sonja Hoeke Nishimoto won a copy of A Match for Addy by Emma Miller.
- Kim Hansen won a copy of A Woodland Miracle by Ruth Reid.
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to email@example.com to claim your prize.