There are so many ways we like to stay connected with you, our Amish Wisdom readers. We always feature this weekly post, letting you know what you might have missed over the past few days and who won our giveaways.
We also hope you’ll connect with us on Facebook and Pinterest, and of course sign up for the Amish Wisdom News, which contains exclusive content, news on future releases, and giveaways only available to email subscribers. You can sign up here!
We also invite you to let us know your thoughts on the posts by commenting below, or emailing email@example.com. The bottom line is we want this blog to be a conversation, and we’re always anxious to know what you think of what you read and see on the site.
What we read this week:
We talked with Amy Clipston about her re-release of A Gift of Grace, while Laura V. Hilton celebrated the release of her new book, The Postcard by taking us to the location that inspired the book: Jamesport, MO. Dorcas Smucker talked about the differences between some Amish and Mennonite communities and Suzanne Woods Fisher shared a recipe for the perfect Spring dessert recipe: blueberry buckle. Lastly, our Amish Scribe told us how Amish parents keep their kids safe while traveling in buggies.
Here is a look at the posts we have planned for next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: We’ll get to know Rebecca Kertz, author of A Wife for Jacob.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Gail Sattler will take us on her most recent trips that inspire her Mennonite fiction.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Ever notice that different Amish communities use different terms for the same item or person? Find out why.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Sharon Lavy just got back from visiting the battleground of Antietam on a research trip. She’ll share with us about the Dunker Church, which was used as a clinic during the Civil War and the Amish connection with what happened there.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Stop by for another delicious Amish-inspired recipe.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Darlene Holley won a copy of The Mennonite Community Cookbook
- Natalie Marie Holmgren and Judy Shutter each won a copy of Amish Redemption by Patricia Davids
- Deborah Hazelton won a copy of Hiding in Plain Sight by Amy Wallace
- Sandy Larivee won a copy of Stranded by Debby Giusti
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.)