July was one hot summer month – both outside and right here on Amish Wisdom. August is shaping up to be another exciting month with tons of new Amish releases! Find out who won our August new release cover match-up contest below, after getting a sneak peak at what’s in store for the first week of August.
And if you missed any of our posts this week, make sure to take the time to get caught up. You’ll want to read our pieces from Patricia Davids, Susan Meissner, Barbara Cameron, Leslie Gould, and as always, our resident Amish scribe.
Here’s a look at what’s coming next week on Amish Wisdom:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Adina Senft will tell us the story behind her new book, Herb of Grace, which releases Aug. 5th.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Come along to Lancaster, PA with Amy Clipston, author of A Mother’s Secret.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Our Amish scribe will teach us how an Amish person’s dress and appearance changes after he or she gets married.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Jan Drexler, author of the August release, A Mother for His Children, will give us a glimpse into why the Amish choose to live without many modern conveniences.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Rosalind Lauer, author of A Simple Hope, will share one of her favorite Amish recipes.
The winner of our August New Release Cover Match-up Contest is Phyllis Berman. Phyllis won all eight of the Amish releases pictured above, along with a set of vintage Pyrex bowls!
Here are the answers to the August match-up contest: Amish Blacksmith (#4), Crossroads (#5), Healing Quilt (#7), Caroline’s Secret (#1), Herb of Grace (#2), A Mother for His Children (#8), When the Soul Mends (#6), Christmas at Rose Hill Farm (#3)
Our weekly giveaway winners are:
- Rhonda Lamazow won a copy of Isabella Alan’s Murder Simply Stitched
- Pamela Kappel and Debbie Copeland each won a copy of Susanna’s Dream by Marta Perry
- Lana Dixon won a copy of Tea and Trouble Brewing by Dorcas Smucker
- Debby McNichols won a copy of The Revealing by Suzanne Woods Fisher
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.
Sign up here to be the first to get exclusive news delivered to your inbox monthly. New books, cover reveals, coupon codes, giveaways, first-look excerpts and much more.