Don’t fret if you missed a few posts this week on Amish Wisdom. Today we have your weekly recap – and, as always, scroll down to find out if you’re one of our weekly winners! This Monday, Ervin Stutzman told us about his knowledge of the Amish, his writing process and his new book Joseph’s Dilemma and Laura V. Hilton took us to the little town of Osceola, Missouri. On Wednesday, our Amish Scribe told us how the Amish keep moles out of their gardens. On Thursday, Erik Wesner told us about three old fashioned ways the Amish communicate and Georgia Varozza let us sample her recipe for homemade noodles.
Here’s what’s to come next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Beth Wiseman will share the story behind her new book, Her Brother’s Keeper.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Travel along with author Molly Jebber to Holmes County, Ohio.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Ever wonder what kind of items Amish young women put away in their hope chests? Our Amish Scribe will paint us a picture.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Don’t miss out on part two of Emma Miller’s piece about what it was like for her to teach in a one-room Amish schoolhouse.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: Mindy Starns Clark will share one of her favorite Amish-inspired recipes.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Shirley Chapel won a copy of Murder Freshly Baked by Vanetta Chapman
- Barb Wilson won an advanced reader copy of Lorie’s Heart by Amy Lillard
- Debbie Gardner Hebert won the How to Love Your Neighbor Without Being Weird gift bundle from Amy Lively
- Tammy Cordery won a copy of A Mother For His Children by Jan Drexler
- Rachel Nicole won a copy of The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.)