Don’t worry if you missed a few posts this week on Amish Wisdom. Saturdays were made for getting caught up on your reading with our weekly recap! So grab a cup of coffee or tea and a fuzzy blanket and read our conversation with Rebecca Kertz, author of the new release, A Wife For Jacob. You’ll also have the opportunity to travel to Plain City, Ohio with Stephanie Reed and learn why the tradition of family mealtime is so important to Mennonites. If you’re looking for the perfect Spring dessert, you have to see this beautiful pansy cake. Lastly, our Amish Scribe has some info for you: why do different Amish communities use different terms when addressing their family?
Here’s what’s to come next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Stop by for a discussion with Ervin Stutzman about his new book, Joseph’s Dilemma.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Annalisa Daughety’s book, Love Finds You in Charm is being turned into a movie that will air on the UP network in June – she’ll take us to Sugarcreek, Ohio, the location where the movie was filmed.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Our Amish Scribe tells us whether or not there are specific scriptural reasons the Amish don’t use electricity.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Thursday is Earth Day! Suzanne Woods Fisher will tell us about how the Amish view stewardship of the earth.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: We all loved Melodie Davis’ post this week about the importance of family mealtime – next Friday we’ll share a recipe from her book for broccoli salad – a staple at many an Amish table!
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Patricia Hess won a copy of Plain Peril by Alison Stone
- Janet Estridge won a copy of A Gift of Grace by Amy Clipston
- Gwenda Bruhn won a copy of The Postcard by Laura V. Hilton
- Susan M. Heim won a copy of Footprints on the Ceiling by Dorcas Smucker
- Rebekah Lynne K. won a copy of Anna’s Crossing by Suzanne Woods Fisher
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.)