If you missed any of our posts this past week, be sure to peruse the site this weekend! We got to know Ervin R. Stutzman, author of Joseph’s Dilemma and visited an Amish bookmobile in Holmes County, Ohio with Amanda Flower. On Wednesday, we kicked off a new Amish Wisdom featured called “Almost Amish” with Suzanne Woods Fisher celebrating Earth Day by filling us in on how the Amish practice stewardship.
It was a great week, now here’s what’s on the docket for next week:
- Monday’s Book Nook: Read the entire first chapter of the newly released, A Simple Prayer, along with a special message from the author, Amy Clipston.
- Tuesday’s Travel Tips: Annalisa Daughety’s book Love Finds You in Charm will be airing as a movie on the UP Network on June 7th. Annalisa will be taking us to where the movie was filmed: Sugarcreek, Ohio.
- Wednesday’s Ask the Amish: Is there a Scriptural basis for the Amish choice to not use electricity? Our Amish Scribe will let us know.
- Thursday’s Beyond the Bonnets: Erik Wesner shares where the Amish buy their groceries.
- Friday’s Cook’s Corner: We’ll feature a traditional Amish recipe from Beverly Lewis’ classic, Amish Heritage Cookbook.
Did you win something from Amish Wisdom this week?
- Shirley Bottoms won a copy of A Wife for Jacob by Rebecca Kertz
- Lana Yolanda Gaines won a copy of Whatever Happened to Dinner by Melodie Davis
- Martha Peace won a copy of Mennonite Community Cookbook
If you have recently won a book from Amish Wisdom, email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. (Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.)